Here comes another entry

2019 has been wonderful. So many things happened and I am grateful. The first half of the year was bumpy, yet a whole lot of fun. Surprisingly, I managed to attend many dance events, made new friends, and got to catch up with many dear ones.

Let's start with February when I thought my body was gonna give up and shattered during the Les 6 Sens weekend dance workshop with dearest Anasma in Singapore. We packed so many hours and squeezed in so many practices in two days, and not to mention we had the graduation piece, along with our own performance on the last day. At one point I literally had to crawl back to my bunk and fell asleep, but I made it! 

Then World Tribe Fusion happened just a month later, and wow! what an amazing week we had! It was our first time for Pam, Carla, and I to host a week-long intensive - with an unfortunate event that Carla accompanied her husband to receive treatments in France. That left only Pam and me to look after the whole thing - I also housesit for  Carla. The whole thing just came together nicely and for that I am thankful! World Tribe Fusion is my baby and I am so happy to see it grows. I can't wait to meet you all again next year!

In May I was in Penang for the first time zilling and drilling with friends, old and new! I can't express how stoked I was to have met you all. I am forever grateful for Sheeloo to see what I have to offer and decided to hand me the opportunity. Penang was wonderful and I am heading back there in 2020 again in MAY! for a much bigger scale of the event - Thank you for having me again!


Back home, and just a month later we had Raks Siam Oriental in Bangkok. I got to dance and hung out with mi amigos again!!! Although I was busy with the new job, I was happy that I could manage to join at least one workshop and got to help out with the competition part as a backstage crew. But not just that, in the same month, I headed back to Singapore to join the Bella Raqs Sharqi as a guest performer. I also joined Maia's troupe in Saidii piece, who would have thought I could still get a hang of the Oriental style? It was awesome! --- and yes, June was a very busy month!

July, where do I begin.. I didn't think this trip would ever happen but I miraculously made it to Japan to join Anita (of FDBD) ATS® workshops and shows in Tokyo. When Maho announced the event on FB I was kind of bummed out because I didn't think I would be capable of making it happen as I had taken quite a few trips already and I still had one more "cannot miss" festival to attend. I would like to think this was a "meant to be" trip - because I pulled it off and made it! One of my students, Fern, tagged along and I am glad she did. It was her first time in Japan and I'm glad she could go. Though we didn't travel together much as I had workshops to attend but she was there to explore, so we ended up doing our own things and hung out in the evening. It was lovely to be there with her. I made new friends from Japan and Korea, can't wait to meet you all again!

August came the OrienTribal! Honestly OMG!!! This was the event I had soooo much fun that I felt like I was there for a reunion party rather than a dance festival. And I wouldn't give this up for any other events, period. OrienTribal was like "end the last festival of the year with a BANG!"  I loved everything about it!!!! This time Magaly, a friend, and a student, joined me. It was her first time in Bali as well and she was having a good time! Tamalyn and Violet were out of this world! xoxoxoxox See you again in 2021!


Besides those crazy dance festival trips, towards the mid-year I took a leap of faith to rejoin the "full-time employment" club, started over in the area of expertise I'd had little to none prior experience. FasTracKids gave me opportunities to explore and learn more. Yes, I am still struggling here and there but this new chapter in my career book has been kind and I am gradually learning many new things that I have come to enjoy so much. I know next year I will be cutting down the dance trip to a bare minimum but the business trips will be adding into the book. I'm sure I will be juggling and I will manage. 


Thank you for every day and every page of 2019 that I got to fill in my life journal

Look forward to 2020!


x

Comments

Popular Posts