Achievements and Challenges

On April 1st, I moved out of Bangkok and started a new journey in Hua Hin, which is a couple of hours drive away from Bangkok. Since then there have been some changes that I would love to call them "achievements" and it makes me feel good that I have achieved something that I never thought I would in my life time!

Let's have a look at something I have achieved :-)




1. Eating slowly : For many people, you might think this isn't an achievement, but for some people like me who had worked 72 hours a week with VERY flexible schedule, I used to finish a dish at 2 minutes max which is no where near "healthy" at all. Nowadays one dish I spend at least 10 - 15 minutes, eating slowly, focus with the food I am eating and not letting my mind wander off somewhere else. It's almost like eating meditation, funny for some people I know, but you know what - it actually makes me eat much less and stay full longer. Less stomachache and less gas in my tummy too. YAY to that!



2. Speak more slowly and in softer tone : If you had rung me while I was still working at the previous place, you would definitely be able to tell the different now. Even my mother, my ex-co workers, my friends said that. People that I am working with at the moment also mentioned it too. I could hear it when I speak as well. I'm so glad I am not "Jodie Moody" in my voice like before. OWNED!


3. Earlier Bed Time : Not that I couldn't sleep in the past, I wouldn't! I would force myself to go to bed at around 3 or 4 am and I'd get up like 9.30 or so because I didn't have to start work early. I basically felt grumpy most of the day because my body clock was a mess! Now I can barely keep my eyes open at 10 or 11 pm. Sometimes I stay up until midnight and that is it! I wake up very early these days, around 6 or 7 and have breakfast (in the past the time I wake up is like brunch or lunch already)



4. Slow in motions : I used to be a shoot first ask later kind of person and I used to do things so quickly that people feel I was near aggressive. I now slow down quite a lot. I walk more slowly - more focus on what I do. I used to tear off plastic wraps to get the stuff and all but now I slowly cut it open with scissor. It's a wonderful feeling that I can "feel" more around me you know?


In two months time, I've achieved so much (4 is a lot, compare to the time I had been doing it for almost 10 years of those habits) However, I still have a few challenges I aim to achieve by the end of July, let's hear it




1. Morning swim : Though I wake up early now but I tend to stay in the room lazing around watching TV and sometimes I end up falling back asleep because I got so lazy. I will have myself stay up doing some breathing exercises and will go for a quick morning swim at least 4 times a week.

2. Eat less : I have been eating much less than before but when I mentioned "less" I mean I will not eat any "extra" stuff if I don't really feel that hungry (you know - - all the "I crave for XXX" kind of feeling, yeah that's what I am going to deal with.

3. Drink more water : Ever since I've moved to Hua Hin, I have been drinking a lot of water, but I feel it isn't enough yet, so I am gonna drink more water :-)

4. Regular Drills Practice : My dance comrades are in Bangkok, and now I am alone in Hua Hin I feel lazy and a little lonely dancing alone. I will practice more regularly and I will dedicate an hour of drills practice if not daily, then 4 times a week.




Trust me, those things are not easy for me at all! but if I can achieve those 4 I mentioned above in two months, then I should be able to gradually nail the other 4 in 2 months too, right? Wish me luck :-) I'll keep you guys posted!


Comments

  1. your life in hua hin sounds wonderful! happy for you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts