4 Days off and a Funeral

I had a 4 days off and I went outta town for a short escape from all the craziness in Bangkok ...
When I was on vacation .. the first night I got to Hua Hin - I got a text from one of the girls at the dance studio telling me that one of our friends passed away.

I'd danced with her ... we'd laughed .. performed .. we'd had great times together. Honestly I dont know why I am writing this to you .. I felt ... I dont know .. like .. she just recently had gotten married ... and had just started her new life ... I still remember the time we danced together ... we laughed at each other's costumes and all that ..

I went to her funeral ... all the belly dance girls that know her went together ... it was so strange looking at her picture knowing that she won't be around anymore.

I don't even know why I didnt feel anything at the funeral it was like I was emotionless for 2 hours straight but the following night something built ... Strangely enough, I wasn't even that close to her .. I mean she was in her mid 40's apart from the dance part we never hung out ... but the feeling I had the other night was .. unexplanable.

I know this blog is suppised to be about something positive. And though this entry doesn't really sound as postive, but call me strange if you may .... a few days after all those overwhelming feelings I started to feel calm - I appreciate each moment I walk - every morning I wake up I feel blessed and most importantly I love myself more ... I really dont know how to explain but I hope someone out there understands.

Give me a lil more time and I'll come back to blog as usual.

Comments

Popular Posts