Wandering around ....

Meeting day has actually never been my favourite day of the week until recently that Service Manager meeting had been changed to Tuesday and In Centre Staff meeting then was changed to Wednesday.

Today I had a good meeting with my team .. I mean .. the agendas were still the same ol' shyt we talk about every week but today the vibe was more positive than usual and for some reason we were all in a better mood than the past couple of weeks.

It didn't rain today and that's probably another reason why we were in a good mood .. the traffic in the school was ok ... and the traffic on the road wasn't bad at all. I had one class at 6 pm and it was a low level class .. all my students performed well and we all had fun laughing and all ... (usually the low level classes would give us a headache because students' limitation in communicating in English.

I got to go home at 9.30 .. which was great .. because I was getting tired and the traffic home was great! considering the flyover is now closed to renovation for a month. We were worried that I would stuck in traffic because of that but nothing at all. I guess the fact that I start working a little later than other people and that I finish way later than them help me to avoid the heavy traffic during rush hours :-) YAY for that!

I have to say ... I have been relaxed since mid August ... more calm and all .. I guess because I know I am taking a short vacation this month (like in a week or so) Even though it's a very short vacation (4 days) but it's worth a fortune to me that I will be able to rest my head and mind a bit.

Anyway, I want to write about one of my teachers "Paulo". It's not really anything bad but it's interesting how people can make themselves miserable day to day ... as far as I am concerned I haven't really seen Paulo happy .. or at least try to be happy ... well I could be wrong but it's just my observations ...

Ok - We are going to call this story ..

"Paulo and the electricity bill"

Paulo walked into teacher's break room and asked me "Can I dial this number from my cell phone?" he asked. I looked a the paper in his hand. It was an electricity bill and the number he mentioned was their call centre's number "Yes, you can but why don't you use the landline one?"
Paulo looked me for a second and asked me to pass the phone to him.

It must have been around 15 seconds or so .. Paulo still tried to connect to "someone" on the other end .. I heard him groan and he said to me "This frigging thing keeps asking me to press 9 for English and when I do they fucking disconnect me!"

I think I gave him a blank stare .. why? well, he didn't wait for any response from me - he went back and tried to dial the number right after he'd said it ...

He tried that number for another 4 or 5 times then he got up .. smacked the phone on the table and turned to me ...

"If they fucking disconnect my electricity I'm gonna fucking kill them"

and he stormed outta teacher's break room ...

THE END

The story happened and end in not even 10 minutes. When he left the room .. there were other 3 people in the same room. Ling Ling , Mochi , and I ...

ALL THAIS

We were wondering why Paulo was so upset about it ... I mean .. all he needed to do was give us the phone and ask us to speak to a Thai staff on the other end for him. And if he'd done that, things would probably have been sorted within 5 minutes and he wouldn't end up all grumpy and having a headache all day.

We did ask him what was wrong ... I handed the phone to him and even asked if I could have a look at the number. Ling Ling was there asking what had happened and why he was upset and why he was trying to call them.

I am not saying he should have asked for a hand ... but what good was it to be upset at something/someone he didn't even know. And by far, at this moment while I am typing this, he still has the electricity at his house ..

While I am trying at my best to be a happy person and stay on the positive side ... now I realize there are people who don't think it's worth being positive.

How can we help Paulo and people like these?

Comments

  1. you cannot, really. people like that are just determined to stay angry at the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts