Evening Post

Alright, my Korean student didn't show up. Apparently he forgot that he was supposed to have a lesson with me so he slept in.

Gosh, and I woke up sooo early FOR WHAT!!!!

Hang on? Isn't this blog supposed to be about something positive?

OF COURSE!!!! I am about to write about positive things that happened today :-)

Since Mr. Korean Chris didn't show up, I got a chance to go to Asia Book and got myself some "Learning Thai" text book for my next lesson. I also got myself a book called "THREE CUPS OF TEA"




and since I haven't read it - here's the book summary just in case anyone would love to be my reading partner

Book Summary

The inspiring account of one man's campaign to build schools in the most dangerous, remote, and anti-American reaches of Asia

In 1993 Greg Mortenson was the exhausted survivor of a failed attempt to ascend K2, an American climbing bum wandering emaciated and lost through Pakistan's Karakoram Himalaya. After he was taken in and nursed back to health by the people of an impoverished Pakistani village, Mortenson promised to return one day and build them a school. From that rash, earnest promise grew one of the most incredible humanitarian campaigns of our time—Greg Mortenson's one-man mission to counteract extremism by building schools, especially for girls, throughout the breeding ground of the Taliban.

Award-winning journalist David Oliver Relin has collaborated on this spellbinding account of Mortenson's incredible accomplishments in a region where Americans are often feared and hated. In pursuit of his goal, Mortenson has survived kidnapping, fatwas issued by enraged mullahs, repeated death threats, and wrenching separations from his wife and children. But his success speaks for itself. At last count, his Central Asia Institute had built fifty-five schools. Three Cups of Tea is at once an unforgettable adventure and the inspiring true story of how one man really is changing the world—one school at a time.

(http://www.bookbrowse.com/reviews/index.cfm?book_number=1758/Three-Cups-of-Tea)

Anyway, I would like to summarize why today is a good day :-)

1. There was no traffic in anywhere I went and the weather wasn't so bad at all

2. I took a risk and went to take a private belly dance lesson at a dance studio I never heard off. Turned out the instructor took lessons from someone who had learned with my instructors so the lesson made me happy that at least there are some people out there who actually take this seriously

3. My late lunch was great - had vegetarian food at the food court near by my dance studio (not the one I went earlier) and I got time to relax before my ATS practice.

4. The ATS practice went well, though I was a bit frustrated with Magaly but oh well, nothing much I could say or do about it - but the overall was ok. :-)

5. No traffic on the way home and I managed to stop and return the DVDs. Got myself a quick meal fr dinner and got home around 9pm yay!

6. Now I'm watching a movie and chillin with my brother :-) relaxingggggggggggg

Comments

Popular Posts