The Basterds!


I am not sure whether I should feel sad for not turning up at Jason's farewell dinner or I should feel bad for watching this film alone.

Ok, first off -- I didn't see Jason's message inviting me to the restaurant until I sat down in the cinema. When I saw him at the school he didn't say a word about the dinner party. I'd been told already that he was going to have a get together on his last day but he didn't mention anything to me. I saw him walking out of the school smiling at some students but he didn't look like he was inviting me, so I thought, since I have been waiting to watch this movie and I had no other plans then I might as well check the movie out after work.

I literally saw his "invitation" he sent via text message to my phone when I sat down in the movie theatre and was about to turn my mobile phone in to silent mode. It was a bit too late for that so I texted him back saying that I just saw his message and that I wouldn't be able to go as I was already in the movie theatre.

Anyway, enough about Jason -- he's a teacher who has just finished his contract with the company and is leaving ... :-)

Now let's talk about how I like this movie!!!

THE MOVIE FRIGGIN' ROCK MUH SOCKS!!!!!!!!

Ok ok, I admit I am a bit disappointed with the movie ... What on earth was Diane Kruger doing in the movie? I mean ... ummmm Could the movie have made it without her? HECK YES! .. Why Brad Pitt? Couldnt it be done with someone else? YES! - - Let's face it ... a lot of people expect more carnage and mayhem in the movie and I was one of them! it was like a sweet version of Kill Bill ... WHY?

It was like the movie was ALMOST ... ALMOST made it but it didn't really - - kinda almost scratch your back where it itches but it missed out but a couple of centimeters .. you know what mean? However, Christopher Waltz made me laugh though I think he played the WORST Nazi EVER!... Brad Pitt was ... alright (like I said ... could the movie do with someone ELSE?) .... Melanie Laurent (who played the Jewish girl) was simply beautiful (in my opinion) Eli Roth - for the first time I thought he was sizzling HOT! and Michael Fassbender - - never seen him before but he's cute! haha


The movie - to me - is "oh-so-Tarantino" and although I know so many people who like it, I also know people who have no interest in watching them too ... oh well ...

I am really going to get a DVD when it comes out ... I really like the movie ... which I wish I'd gone to see it with someone who will laugh with me during the movie ..

Let's see what film I'll be watching next ... :-) have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts