May - and a late night session

I met May through my belly dance class ... She came to us and requested private classes. I was her teacher.

I didn't like her attitude when we first met - I had no idea why - but after the first 15 minutes I wanted to kick myself in the butt for judging her too quickly .. she's a cool lady!

What was more interesting to me was what May did for a living. May worked for Chiva-Som as a Holistic Nurse and therapist. She said she was a "Stomach Masseuse" - I was like a what?

Then I realized she was trying to explain what she did for a living using very simple words.


I asked her what exactly she did and instead of explaining it to me she was very kind that she offered me a demonstration of what "Stomach Massage" was about.

I was blown away for that only 15 minutes session given ... even more in awe when I knew that one session (like an hour session) costs about 4,000++ THB ...

She told me if I was interested ... she'd not charge me the full price ...

WHOA!

Anyway, since then we have been friends .... and NO I am not friends with her because of what she does for a living - but because she's an awesome lady. I only have 2 sessions with her in total for all these times we are friends. She travels all over the world for her job and now that she's no longer with Chiva-Som - she's even busier!!!!!


We managed to meet tonight at her apartment. The traffic hated me so I got there late (and almost got lost!) we chatted a bit and I had an hour session with her. It was just as amazing as it's always been .. and guess what .. she didnt charge me the full price!

Thanks for your kindness May

We made plans that I should go see her in Hua Hin where she lives full time and that I should stay there so we can have sessions of healing and belly dancing! :) We are planning on a project together but I won't say what it is just yet. I have lots of homework to do and as soon as the project has the final date to happen then I'll write about it :) I think it's a great project and I am looking forward to being a part of it.

It was a great day today .... though rather long ... but I'm glad that I was able to get through everything I'd planned and still managed to meet her.

Look forward to meeting her again soon! :-) and doesn't have to have a session .. just hanging out!


Comments

  1. you could be on to something really interesting:) if nothing else, you have made an interesting good friend...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts